Friday, August 6, 2010

E & T

What they tell you, it's all true. You really are alone in this cold, dark universe. But that's the point; the unknown silence of being alive. Sure, it isn't discussed much, but those voices that reach out to you in the midst of the barren night, they speak the truth. It's not about fear, it's not about depression or loneliness. It's about the realization that you, and only you, are responsible for your life; responsible for being isolated or not - and while it's not totally irrelevant, you are still alone, isolated or not. The fact is that no one will ever know you, not in the way that you know you. No one will ever come close to understanding, really understanding who you are and what you crave. A small amount of people may briefly peer in, but it will be rare and fleeting. Treat it with reverence.
So, I sit here alone. I sit here alone and wishing I wasn't. Don't take that as a plea for pity, that isn't what I'm looking for and you'd be completely missing the point. They do speak the truth, remember? I can't seem to, not from one paragraph to the next - let alone one day to the next. These letters feel clunky, oversized and no sense of their own power and strength. The words don't always flow out in the way I'd like them to, not with the bottleneck between my brain and this type you're currently reading..

No comments:

Post a Comment