Friday, September 24, 2010

The door wouldn't lock.

And suddenly, I'm fucking 14 again. That really cool, more experienced and confident girl at the party picks me out. Sure, I'm funny and have a sharp wit, and I say what I mean and don't pull any punches about it. Right now, where I'm sitting in this illuminated room with a cool breeze coming in through the window, yeah - I'm fucking 28 folks. I've lived, I've cried, I've laughed - I'd like to think I've learned a thing or two - I've loved, and boy oh boy have I felt the embrace of a woman. So why do I suddenly feel like I'm 14?
Those beautiful eyes and passionate kiss.
Fuck me. Not in the, actually fuck me way, no this is a much bigger and complex issue. Well, maybe it is that issue because the middle of the story is the non-complex version of the story: the fuck me part.
How is it that there is nothing more intimidating than a beautiful, hilarious, intelligent, and brutally honest woman who wants me to drive her home because she's too drunk?? Why is it that I feel like an ass for being the person I know I am?
The road makes fools of us all. And here I am, sleeping alone in a big, empty bed. Dreaming of things that may never happen. Hoping for a tomorrow full of passion, vibrance and hope; thinking that it may all be a sick joke. Here I am, embracing that joke. Here I am, hoping that the joke ends up, just this once, with some unexpected and brilliant punchline; not the same old, unimaginative one dreamt up a long time ago by a person we'll never know. Here I am, waiting - not indignant or naively - for a joke that brings ruin to all we know and starts a whole new world. Words are supposed have power - and if they ever really have, then they should right fucking now.

No comments:

Post a Comment