Friday, September 17, 2010

What does it look like?

I often wonder about the soft spot right behind and above my eyes. Not quite the brow-line, but not centered right behind the iris. It often feels like my eyes are these "L" shaped monsters, with the bottom part of the "L" being what you can see, and the rest creeping up towards my brain like florescent light-blubs that have been molded to resemble hockey-sticks. This is where the pain lives; in these shriveled little tubes of membrane and goo. When I was in 3rd grade, I had a stress toy that was a rubber tube filled with sand. One day, in class, it popped all over my hands and inside of my open desk. Muddy sand got all over, as the rubber tube reverted to the size of a popped balloon; I stood there, not knowing what to do.
I think my eyes might pop in the same fashion; and I'll be left standing here, not knowing what he fuck to do. Still that child, I suppose, the anxiety and confusion never really went away. And as troubling as that sounds, I don't think it would work any other way. Unless that's just the fear talking...

No comments:

Post a Comment